The exam sessions are proctored via live streaming, so any dip in data speed or connectivity could cause issues.
We need to ensure that you have met all the requirements for setting up your PC for the upcoming online exam. As we are running digital invigilation, you will not be allowed access to the "online exam room" on exam day if your system does not pass the technical system checks on exam day. This is an automatic process and cannot be bypassed
Remember, even if you pass this system check, it does not guarantee that you will not have dips in the connection. And just because your connection has worked previously, it does not guarantee that it will work under these conditions.
UNDERSTANDING THE TECHNICAL SYSTEM PRE-CHECK VS THE SYSTEM CHECK ON EXAM DAY:
Technical System check before exam day:
- Must be completed by the PoE submission date.
- Must be completed on the same device and network that you will be using for your online exam.
- Can be done as many times as is needed (doing this again on the morning of the exam is a good idea)
- Step by Step instructions can be found in this article: How to do Technical checks before exam day
Checks for the following functionality for online exams at the time of the system check:
- Are your camera and mic permissions allowed and functional at the time of the system check.
- Is your camera able to record an image at the time of the system check.
- Do you have an internet connection at the time of the system check.
- Does your device have the ability to stream a recording at the time of the system check.
Does not check for the following:
- Whether you are using the recommended network connectivity with the required internet speed to stream the recording of the exam on exam day as per the Technical specifications provided.
- Whether you have enough data to complete the online exam as per the Technical specifications provided.
- Important: Even if these checks are passed, it does not guarantee that you will be able to run the exam on exam day. The student needs to make sure that the network type, connectivity and speed meet the requirements for exam day. Adequate streaming capability cannot be checked by the Technical System Check that is completed before exam day, as this check is only a few minutes and the exam is a few hours.
- If you are unable to complete the Technical System check prior to the exam on the device you will be using for the exam, an indemnity form has been provided below. This is only to be used in exceptional cases where students cannot run this check prior to the exam. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions provided in the indemnity
HOW TO FIND THE TECHNICAL SYSTEM CHECK ON MACCI:
1. Log onto Macci
2. Select the subject portfolio your exam is booked for
3. Scroll to Section C: Exam preparation on your portfolio
4. There are 4 activities to complete
- Online exams - Exam preparations and instructions
- Online exams - Setup and exam day info
- Online exams - Technical system checks
- Online exams - Online exam preparation quiz
Complete all the activities in Section C and follow the instructions in the Technical system checks activity on how to complete and upload this requirement.
TROUBLE SHOOTING ISSUES FOR THE TECHNICAL SYSTEM CHECK:
All ticks in the system check need to be green for you to pass.
Remember that the system you are checking now must be the same system you use on exam day. And you can use the Technical System Check link as many times as you like to double check your technical set up.
What does the check for?
Reasons for failure