It may happen that a student or provider wishes to query a specific question and answer from an assignment or test completed online where there is a potential technical error. In such cases, the following must be adhered to;
- The query must be related to an alleged error and not a request for clarity or support as it is the responsibility of the training provider to provide guidance and support to learners NOT the ICB.
Furthermore, where a student is subscribed to one of our training providers distance or campus),
the student must first seek guidance from their training provider;
- Only after the training provider has reviewed the student query and also believes that the learner has been marked incorrectly will the query be escalated to the ICB
- The training provider must be submitted by the training provider and not the learner
- Queries received directly from students will not be responded to
In order to expedite the process, the following information is required when submitting the query:
- Student Name (full)
- ID Number
- ICB Student Number
- Module / Subject Name
- Are you querying a Test/Assignment
- Assignment/Test Number
- Date for which the exam is booked for the module/subject
- The wording of the question(s) to be queried
- Why do you believe your answer was marked incorrectly or that the question is phrased incorrectly?
- Did the training provider investigate the learner's query and what was the college's finding?
Questions for assignments and tests are taken from question banks of over 300 questions per module/subject. These questions are then randomised by a computer system when a student attempts an assignment or test. Thus, supplying the question number does not assist in ascertaining which question is to be queried.
- Please be reminded that your PoE MUST still be completed in full AND submitted by the due date despite any outstanding query.
- Learners who have not completed their PoEs by the PoE due date will not be allowed to sit for an exam.