The Business Literacy module was reviewed by the Academic Department during 2019 and as a result of this review some changes were made.
It is important to note that the changes implemented do not influence any curriculum/content changes and that any changes made to content are reflected in the current learning material which all learners should be in possession of.
Please see below examples of how the changes will look like.
PREVIOUS VS NEW EXAM PAPER QUESTION BREAKDOWN
One exam paper still applies for Business Literacy, but the question breakdown has changed.
Example of previous exam paper
Example of new exam paper
PREVIOUS VS NEW BSL RESULTS BREAKDOWN
Changes have been made to the mark allocation per BUSL level outcome.
- BSL1 (NQF3) result is made up of Section A of the exam paper and is out of 60 marks.
- BSL2 (NQF4) result is made up of Section A and Section B of the exam paper and is out of 120 marks.
- BSL3 (NQF) result is made up of Section C of the exam paper and is out of 60 marks.
The same PoE result is added to all levels for a final result.
Previous results breakdown:
New results breakdown:
NOTE THE FOLLOWING: For the July 2020 online BSL exam the following applies:
- BSL1 (NQF3) is Section A of the exam paper and is out of 50 marks.
- BSL2 (NQF4) is Section A and Section B of the exam paper and is out of 100 marks.
- BSL3 (NQF5) is Section C of the exam paper and is out of 50 marks.
PREVIOUS VS NEW BSL EXAM DETAILED REPORTS
You will still receive an Exam Detail Report per BSL level. These have been changed to:
- Match the new exam paper format
- Give you accurate BSL results per level
In the previous exam detailed reports, the question results per level were not correctly displayed and all questions for the whole paper were included for all exam reports. The new detailed report now only includes the BSL result for the level you have completed.
Example of previous exam detail reports:
Example of new exam detail reports: